Regional Fiscal Unit
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Permanent Service as a Social Work Assistant 3 OR
• Reachable on the current Social Work Assistant 3 Civil Service list OR
• Eligible for 70.1 transfer to a Social Work Assistant 3 title OR
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area* and one year of permanent competitive service as a Social Work Assistant 2 or parenthetic;
*For the purpose of these examinations, degrees in the following human service areas are considered qualifying: the professional disciplines of art therapy, audiology, dance therapy, drama therapy, music therapy, nursing, nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, social work, speech/language pathology, and therapeutic recreation. Also included are related academic disciplines associated with the study of: human behavior (e.g., gerontology, human services, sociology, speech communication); human skills development (e.g., counseling, education, human development); or any other study of services related to basic human care needs (e.g., community mental health, rehabilitation counseling).
Examples of non-qualifying degrees include but are not limited to: anthropology, archeology, communication, criminal justice, fine arts, philosophy, and political science.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The NYC Regional Office 4 is seeking a Social Work Assistant 3 to join the Fiscal Unit. The Fiscal unit is responsible for processing and approving both Family Support Services as well as processing Housing Subsidy requests in Region 4. The Family Support Services (FSS) Program helps families who are caring at home for a relative with a developmental disability by providing aid to the caregiver, enhancing family stability and preserving family unity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as liaison between the FSS Advisory Council, the DDRO Director and Central Office staff.
• Review and approve requests for FSS via CHOICES
• Conduct yearly site surveys of contracts, inviting local Advisory
Council members to participate.
• Ensure agencies are maintaining compliance with their contracts.
• Provide training to local FSS Advisory Council members in areas requested by the Council.
• Review Quarterly FSS agency reports and provide technical assistance to agencies as needed.
• Communicate by email and written correspondence with both OPWDD personnel and stakeholders.
• Manage mailbox associated with Region 4 FSS requests and Housing Subsidy requests.
• Interface with both OPWDD central office and stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals.
• Complete and Monitor FSS and Housing Subsidy tracking excel spreadsheets daily.
• Complete additional tasks associated with both FSS and Housing Subsidy requests as assigned.
• Additional tasks associated with OPWDD regional office operations as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• As a participating agency in the Health Care and Mental Hygiene Worker Bonus Program (HWB), direct care employees may be eligible to earn up to $3000 in bonuses for qualifying service if they meet specific requirements including continuous service during the appropriate vesting periods. For more information on the program, please contact Human Resources at (718) 430-0710.
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office