Minimum Qualifications Four years of relevant experience in project planning, implementation, securing financial assistance for local governments or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, as determined by the Corporation.
Must possess a valid driver’s license as travel is necessary to conduct meetings and site visits in various parts of the state.
· Self-motivated, driven, and an ability to work independently
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational, planning, time management, and problem-solving skills
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word and the ability to work with a database; must be experienced with tables, sorting and filtering, data validation, and using complex Excel formulas such as VLOOKUP
· Resourcefulness to find information independently
· Understanding of basic mathematical principles
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences in a professional manner
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with proficiency
· Ability to develop and maintain common office filing systems and processes and adhere to departmental routines, and lead the information sharing and storage practices
· Proficiency with the use of office equipment including computers, copiers, scanners, etc.
· Knowledge of methods, materials, and terminology used in the planning, design, and construction of municipal infrastructure projects is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Abilities
Work is performed in an office setting, with prolonged periods of sitting and fine manipulation skills required for computer use.
Duties Description Under the direction and supervision of the Unit Manager/Environmental Engineer III or the Director/Deputy Director of Engineering, the Project Coordinator will provide support for the New York Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF), Water Infrastructure Improvement (WIIA) grants, and a variety of other financial assistance programs. Primary responsibilities include coordinating with internal divisions and external partners including local government officials, the public, regulatory agencies, and various State and Federal agencies for the intake and preliminary review of municipal submissions and data management.
· Establish and maintain working relationships with municipal officials, their consulting engineer and others regarding contracts and other documentation and provide assistance from initial project planning and development through construction completion.
· Review documentation, including applications and contracts, for completeness and adherence to project and program guidelines.
· Research, compile, and distribute information about projects and programs to appropriate engineering staff.
· Track and monitor projects and programs using databases, spreadsheets, and other tools, produce standard and ad-hoc reports and recommend tracking adjustments, as necessary.
· Prepare and maintain electronic files pertaining to projects and programs.
· Coordinate information with EFC divisions regarding program determinations.
· Assist with preparing presentations, coordinating mailings, and handling program contacts via telephone and electronic mail.
· Accompany EFC engineers to project meetings and independently conduct routine construction site visits.
· Assist with the preparation of correspondence to staff, municipal officials, and other outside entities regarding the financing and grant process.
Additional Comments The New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation (EFC) provides access to low-cost financing, grants, and expert technical assistance to help eligible applicants undertake critical water quality infrastructure projects.
EFC is committed to building and nurturing an inclusive workplace that strives for respect and promotes and values diversity. We believe that organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective, or any other trait that makes an individual unique, are proven to be better organizations. Please consider joining our team as we work together to build a welcoming workplace where employees recognize that their unique characteristics, skills, and experiences are respected, valued, and celebrated.
To support our employees, EFC provides an outstanding benefits package similar to what is offered to New York State employees. Our total compensation package includes, but is not limited to, leave benefits (13 holidays and paid vacation, sick, and personal leave); a comprehensive health insurance program including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans; and membership in the New York State and Local Retirement System.
In compliance with Public Law 99-603, candidates selected for appointment must provide an original copy of documentation proving citizenship and/or legal right to work within three (3) days of effective date of appointment.
It is the policy of the State of New York and EFC to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, physical or mental ability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
It is the policy of EFC to provide qualified persons with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and receive the benefits, services, programs and activities of EFC, and to provide such persons reasonable accommodations and reasonable modifications as are necessary, to enjoy such equal opportunity, including accommodations in the recruitment process. Further, it is the policy of EFC to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
It is the policy of EFC to provide reasonable accommodation to ensure effective communication of information to individuals with disabilities. If you need an auxiliary aid or service to make this information available to you, please contact EFC’s Human Resources Office at (518) 486-9267.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide
their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingEFC encourages diverse applicants to apply and consider joining our team. Please submit resume and cover letter, preferably as one document in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Office
NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation
Albany, NY 12207-2997