Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide office support and assist the Front Desk Team.
• Efficiently operate a high-volume, multi-line telephone system. Screen calls, answer questions, refer inquiries, and take detailed messages as necessary.
• Efficiently monitor and track multiple shared email mailboxes and electronic fax.
• Receive, sort, track, and dispense program mail, documents, and other correspondence.
• Draft, proofread, review, update, and log various types of written material including template letters, memos, and records.
• Interact with internal and external customers and colleagues in a courteous and professional manner.
• Efficiently utilize program databases, applications, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Create, organize, and maintain office files.
• Perform tasks in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
• Perform other duties and special projects as required.
• Preferred experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza