Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have permanent status as Research Scientist 2 (SG-22) and be interested in transfer; OR bachelor’s degree and three years of professional research experience in an appropriate field. A master’s degree in an appropriate field may substitute for one year of experience. A Ph.D. in an appropriate field may substitute for an additional year of experience.
Duties Description The Research Scientist 2 position is part of the Prevention Data Management and Analysis Unit. The functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Participate in planning, developing, implementing, and testing changes to the Prevention Reporting System (PRS) modules, screen workflow, data fields, and business rules to best meet the needs of all users, including providers, OASAS Regional Office staff, and county Local Governmental Unit staff.
• Monitor OASAS adherence to the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF), with particular focus on the assessment, planning, service delivery, and evaluation components to include examination of the process and outcomes of OASAS prevention programs and practices.
• Using PRS data, participate in the development process of reports and score results for eight OASAS prevention provider performance standards.
• Query, organize, analyze, and periodically report on 15-20 existing PRS data sets using SPSS or SAS.
• Produce responses for ad hoc data requests from within and outside OASAS.
• Using PRS data, develop and maintain a set of maps and/or reports which can display prevention service needs, resources, and service delivery in a geographical context.
• Attend, as requested, selected PRS-related meetings and monitor announcement and informational emails sent to providers by the Division of Prevention.
• Participate in the development of pretest/posttest surveys to measure impact of delivered prevention programming.
• Manage pretest/posttest survey data across the OASAS prevention provider system including data collection/provider compliance, data integrity, data analysis, and development of reports and slides using SPSS or SAS.
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Telecommute may be discussed at interview
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter clearly indicating your qualifications. Please reference the vacancy for this posting in your subject line. Failure to do so could result in a delay of reviewing your application.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CURRENT RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
**Please provide your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER for verification of transfer eligibility.