Minimum Qualifications Qualifications
• At least two (2) years of experience investigating and resolving allegations of discrimination or harassment is required.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve an issue or implement an initiative from start to finish.
• Experience on a project team and/or committee with the ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities at one time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound judgement and a high degree of confidentiality.
• Experience working in diverse and dynamic settings—particularly in a legal, law enforcement or social services environment.
Applicants must reside in (or intend to soon become a resident of) New York State and be admitted to practice law in New York State. In addition, the Public Officers Law requires that attorneys in the Office be citizens of the United States. A two (2) year commitment upon being hired is a condition of employment.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s (OAG) Executive Division is seeking a highly collaborative individual with experience investigating and resolving discrimination and harassment complaints. The EEO Officer will work in partnership with the Executive Division, Office of General Counsel, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, and Human Resources Management Bureau to investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination and harassment in accordance with the Attorney General’s Executive Orders on the Prohibition of Discrimination in Employment and Prohibition Against Sexual Harassment and the New York State Human Rights Law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive, investigate, report out, and resolve allegations of discrimination and harassment complaints.
• Ensure allegations of discrimination and harassment are responded to quickly with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
• In partnership with the Human Resources Management Bureau and Legal Education & Professional Development, design and lead annual agency-wide training on discrimination and harassment as well as design and lead ad hoc trainings as necessary.
• In partnership with Office of Diversity and Inclusion, make recommendations to the Executive Division and the Division of Administration to develop and realign processes with an equity lens to ensure the elimination of bias in internal OAG processes and procedures.
Additional Comments The annual salary range for this position is $82,192-$124,848 (+ $3,026 in location pay if based in NYC). The final salary will be determined after a complete evaluation of the selected candidate’s qualifications. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of COVID vaccination is a condition of employment for positions in the Executive Division. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY:
Applications are being received online. To apply, please go to our website, https://ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
Reference No is EXEC_EEOO _NYC_6241
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter
? You may address to Legal Recruitment.
? Please indicate your location preference: New York City or Albany.
? Indicate why you are interested in this position and what makes you a strong candidate. You may wish to include information about what life experiences you will bring to the position that would enhance your ability to serve the OAG’s diverse workforce.
• Writing Sample
• List of three (3) references
? Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
? Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
? Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
? Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov