2373 ASP Route 1
Minimum Qualifications Possession of the appropriate water treatment plant operator’s certificate required and issued by the New York State Public Health Council and the appropriate sewage treatment plant operator’s certificate required and issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and one year of satisfactory experience with responsibility for general park sanitation.
Duties Description The Park Sanitation Superintendent, under the general direction of the
Maintenance Supervisor, will:
• Operate and maintain water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants, and
sanitary facilities for general sanitary conditions within the Allegany Region.
• Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all water treatment and
wastewater treatment and sewage disposal systems within the region.
• Perform higher skilled repairs and adjustments.
• Supervise or personally perform the prescribed tests to ensure the proper
treatment of water and wastewater.
• Supervise water and wastewater plant operators and maintenance personnel,
including Plumbers & Steamfitters.
• Review plans for new park facilities and the renovation of existing facilities and
provide suggestions for changes to achieve appropriate sanitary standards.
• Write and maintain the departmental schedule and review time off requests to
ensure proper coverage of the plant.
Additional Comments OPERATIONAL NEEDS:
• Must have the ability to perform medium to heavy physical labor tasks.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively.
• Must have the ability to communicate in writing and to read and comprehend
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License as a term and condition of
• Must possess and maintain Grade IIB and D Water Operator's certificate and
Grade 1A Wastewater Operator certificate as a term and condition of
There are various benefits that a permanent employee is entitled to, based on
their negotiating unit:
• Vacation, Holiday, Sick, And Personal Leave
• Health Care Coverage
• Retirement Plan
• Payroll Deduction Savings Plans
• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
Learn more about our benefits for permanent state employees, visit:
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAll qualified persons are invited and encouraged to apply. It is the responsibility of
each applicant to accurately describe their experience and demonstrate that they
meet the minimum qualifications. If you feel you meet the minimum qualifications
and the Agency's operating needs and are interested in being considered for this
vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office,
your region's administrative headquarters, from the intranet or download an
application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
https://parks. ny.gov /documents/employment/FillableUpdatedParksEmployeeApplicationS1000Part1Pali de
Please forward your application and resume, if available, to Valerie O'Connor,
Administrative Assistant 2, Allegany State Park Region, 2373 ASP Rt. 1, Suite 3, Salamanca, NY
14479 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.