Minimum Qualifications Business Systems Analyst 1, SG-18: eligible for a 70.1 or 52.6 transfer, reachable on the PCO Select eligible list
Business Systems Analyst Trainee 1, NS: reachable on the Department of Civil Service’s PATT eligible list (Department of Civil employees only), reachable on the PCO eligible list, eligible for a Section 70.1 or 70.4 transfer, or 55-b/c eligible (Must have bachelor’s degree and 55b/c designation letter to qualify)
Duties Description Under the direction of the Business System Analyst 2 for Strategic Planning and Innovation, the incumbent of this position will help coordinate and support agency wide IT portfolio and project management activities. Duties of this position will include:
• Serve as internal IT support for the Department of Civil Service.
• Coordinate and support the IT activities of program areas.
• Create and track open ITSM tickets and demands.
• Act as a liaison between DCS and ITS staff to define and solve IT issues.
• Plan and perform IT system maintenance, research and information gathering activities.
• Review, document, and categorize current or “as-is” state of exam modernization business processes to determine the desired future or “to be” state of those processes.
• Prioritize business process changes to maintain system functionality and efficiencies.
• Monitor timetables for completion of IT projects.
• Communicate business process and system requirements to IT staff, Department staff and stakeholders.
• Review and write business system documentation.
• Review training plans and train users on new IT system functions or business processes.
• Review and analyze business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation.
• Present information on projects to peers, teams and management.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required including performance of unscheduled irregular work that may occur in relation to Departmental IT systems and operational support.
• Provide support for Department reporting requirements and perform report compilation, data analysis, charting and graphing.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS employees may be approved for a maximum of 50% telecommuting, however, they are required to apply and obtain approval through management in accordance with DCS Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.