Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of qualifying permanent service in a position allocated to a Grade 13 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent to this position would be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Developing familiarity with the laws and rules regarding the eligibility for licenses and permits under the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law.
• Supervising and training assigned staff including Licensing Examiner 1 and Licensing Services Clerk staff.
• Ensuring assigned staff have reviewed all applications for licenses and permits in accordance with applicable office procedures, rules, regulations, and statutes.
• Regularly meeting with assigned staff to review current procedures and provide updates on any changes.
• Producing production reports for assigned staff and meeting with assigned staff to discuss their efficiency.
• Monitoring and adjusting the workload of assigned staff to ensure equitable work assignments.
• Monitoring operations of assigned staff unit to ensure work flows smoothly and is performed accurately, timely and in accordance with rules and procedures.
• Providing clear and concise explanation of policies and procedures to industry members, attorneys, applicants, licensees, and community groups.
• Reviewing reports on applications prepared by licensing examiners for accuracy and completeness.
• Serving as a member of Licensing Board to determine whether license and permit applications should be approved or disapproved.
• Prepare written reasons for disapproval of applications.
• Examine and report on complex license applications referred by licensing examiners.
• Assist the Deputy Commissioner of Licensing, Licensing Examiner 4 and Licensing Examiner 3 with application revisions, internal control reports, lean projects, Business Express functions and other initiatives required of the Licensing Bureau.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza