Minimum Qualifications Candidate must have at least six (6) years of general experience in outreach, training, help desk, communications or public relations.
This experience must include one of the following, which may be concurrent:
• Two (2) years of experience providing operation assistance and support, over the phone or in person, regarding program specific processes and procedures.
• Two (2) years of experience in the development and delivery of training regarding detailed policies, procedures or technology.
An Associate's Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of general experience.
A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
Duties Description • Training
o Working with the Outreach & Change Management Team to development and implement a training program that meets the identified needs of the participating stakeholders, including an assessment process for continual improvements of the program;
o Review training provided by the NYSLRS selected implementation vendor and recommend changes based on feedback from bureau staff, as needed;
o Prepare lesson plans and assist in the delivery of training programs by presenting ideas, concepts and factual information in a classroom setting;
o Oversee, draft and disseminate audience-specific training announcements and information concerning educational opportunities for stakeholders;
o Maintain attendance records for participants for all training courses and the issuance of certificates when applicable;
o Evaluate training courses to ensure successful execution and completion of training;
o Coordinating stakeholder input and feedback as related to training through the use of the Change Agent Network meetings and events which have been implemented to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
• Help Desk
o Provide support to stakeholder help desk staff to ensure that appropriate levels of support and resources are provided to stakeholders such as tools and documentation used during training and knowledge transfer;
o Report and monitor the resolution of any issues that stakeholders may experience during the transition process including, but not limited to: new file formatting, not understanding data errors, connectivity, setting up security profiles for their employees, and enrolling system pages.
Additional Comments : Desired Competencies
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of staff both over the telephone and in-person.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively, in a team environment.
• Experience providing instructional assistance and support, over the phone, via webinar, or in person, regarding program specific process and procedures in a “How to” manner.
• Experience working successfully in a deadline driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and completed template https://web.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/08251_Project_Assistant_MQ_Template_12_2022.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 16, 2022. Please reference Item #08251-OER-CF when responding.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate's favor.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The OER ID # should not be included.