Minimum Qualifications • Seven (7) years of experience in Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, or related field.
• A Bachelor's degree will substitute for four (4) years of experience, a Master’s Degree will substitute for an additional year of service, a PH.D will substitute for an additional year.
Duties Description Under the direction of an upper-level Client Engagement Manager the Project Assistant will be assigned to the Health and Human Services portfolio (HHS) in the Portfolio Management bureau within the Chief Portfolio Office (CPO) and will manage project tasks and assist with systems analysis providing advanced support for Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS) and Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA). The incumbent will submit ITSM service requests where appropriate and will liaise between technical teams and agency/county business stakeholders in supporting local social services districts projects such as consolidation of human services networked files and servers and other initiatives as directed to enhance security and services to 60 counties and hundreds of voluntary agencies that use agency applications. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide project support activities with guidance from senior project management team for implementation initiatives and priority projects that are reported regularly to ITS executive team.
• Gather and assist in the evaluation of system requirements, and analyze current state and future state processes, functions, and models as required.
• Keep technical and project artifacts up to date.
• Liaise with multiple teams to ensure project critical path related tasks and crucial technical deliverables are managed effectively.
• Assist in facilitating project meetings and requirements gathering / JAD sessions, and document session outcomes and follow up on action items.
• Support the project team and stakeholders to resolve issues with systems analysis and design related challenges, technical problems, and issues recorded in project issue log.
• Assist in documenting user manuals and technical manuals, and train users and supporting teams on new IT system or business process functions.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Project Assistant Ref #30826. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.