Minimum Qualifications • Eight (8) years of experience in Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, or related field.
• A Bachelor's degree will substitute for four (4) years of experience, a Master’s Degree will substitute for an additional year of service; a Ph.D. will substitute for an additional year.
Duties Description Under the direction of a lead Project Manager, the Project Assistant will be assigned to the Project Management section in the Project Management Office (PMO) within the Chief Portfolio Office (CPO) and will lead and assist with project coordination tasks, and develop systems analysis and technical design deliverables, serving as a critical liaison between technical teams and agency business stakeholders, supporting multiple agencies’ software releases and systems analysis and technical needs within ITS. The incumbent will lead technical coordination activities for high priority projects and software implementations within one or more of ITS portfolios – Health & Human Services; Public Safety; Environment, Energy & Transportation; Revenue, Finance & Public Integrity; Labor, Workforce & Education; and Economic Development, Housing & Government portfolios. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead critical technical and business liaison and coordination activities with guidance from CPO and CTO management teams, for priority projects and software implementation initiatives that are reported regularly to ITS executive team and Chamber/DOB.
• Plan, organize, research, gather, and evaluate system requirements, and analyze current state and future state processes, functions, and models as required.
• Support technical leads and the PMO in the delivery of project plans and assist in the execution of plans, including keeping technical and project artifacts up to date.
• Liaise with multiple teams to ensure project critical path related tasks and crucial technical deliverables are managed effectively.
• Facilitate collaboration sessions, project meetings and requirements gathering / JAD sessions, and document session outcomes and follow up on action items.
• Work directly with stakeholders to resolve issues with systems analysis and design related challenges, technical problems, and issues recorded in project issue log.
• Manage resources involved with project quality assurance including end-to-end system testing and assess and prioritize the impact of defects in collaboration with the team, as needed.
• Assist the Quality Management team with project specific management activities, including ensuring successful User Acceptance Test partnership with agencies and related preparation and coordination activities.
• Document user manuals and technical manuals, and train users and supporting teams on new IT system or business process functions.
• Guide project staff and partner teams on specific business analysis and project delivery tasks that are facing risks, issues, or major changes.
• Assist portfolio team, PMO management, CPO and CTO leadership in developing and communicating delivery details, plans, status reports, dashboards, project artifacts, etc. to promote a consistent approach and effective communication across ITS portfolios and technical teams, so that agencies benefit from consistent, high-quality deliveries of IT solutions.
• Foster multidisciplinary team collaboration in a matrix organizational structure based on specific projects and IT implementations, performing cross-team leadership for projects, as needed.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
This posting will fill multiple positions
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Project Assistant Ref #30858-59-29. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.