47-40 21st Street
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The prospective candidate may be assigned to either Highway Maintenance or Bridge Maintenance. Additional details and preferences will be discussed during the interview.
The following are the general duties and responsibilities:
1) Inspect and evaluate both structural and safety flags on State owned bridges.
2) Inspect and resolve all bridge related emergencies and complaints.
3) On call 24/7 to handle flags and emergencies.
4) Prepare detailed work order for both flags and non-flags repairs on bridges.
5) Coordinate with various Regional Groups and NYCDOT to resolve all flags and bridge related work / emergencies.
6) Coordinate with various NYC Agencies; including, NYC Homeless services, NYC Sanitation, NYPD, and NYSDOT
7) Construction to resolve homeless issues / concerns.
8) Lead quality assurance team on all partial and final inspections for State construction contracts.
9) Review and resolve all bridge RCN / CAG.
10) Coordinate and review contract plans and permits.
11) Respond and resolve on-going construction contract issues.
12) Manage and monitor cost, progress, and database for the various Where and When Contracts.
13) Maintain and manage the safety and structural flag’s database.
14) Attend / coordinate monthly State-City task force meetings.
15) Prepare IPP (Initial Project Proposal) and Scope of Work for Maintenance Projects.
16) Develop PSE (Plans, Specifications and Estimate) for Maintenance Projects.
Responsibilities may also include participating within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
47-40 21st Street