Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• Associate or Fellow of Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS, FCAS) and attained Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)*;
• Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field;
• Minimum of ten (10) years of actuarial experience; two (2) of which must be subsequent to obtaining the Associate or Fellowship designation and include responsibility for managing and/or directing all activities of an actuarial team.
*A PhD may be substituted for the actuarial credentials.
• Strong managerial skills, team building, and organizational skills;
• Experience with change management and leading process improvements.
Duties Description Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform and oversee periodic risk assessments of agency operations and establish audit plans based on the results of these risk assessments.
• Plan and conduct risk-based audits of agency operations, including information technology. Oversee audit projects from inception, execution and completion including supervision of staff.
• Meet with Executive staff and program managers to discuss audit findings and recommendations; prepare and submit reports to Executive staff, Board members and program managers highlighting audit findings and recommendations; recommend program, policy and procedural changes based on audit findings; and establish systems to monitor the disposition of audit results communicated to management.
• Supervise a professional-level staff consisting of auditing and accounting professionals, including training, evaluation, delegation and supervision of audit work.
• Monitor the changes and current trends in internal audit and requirements for New York State agencies and authorities and /or insurers by remaining abreast of current policies of organizations such as the New York State Internal Control Taskforce (ICTF) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), a national organization which oversees state insurance regulations.
• Perform quality assurance reviews, including supervisory review and independent appraisal of compliance with the New York State Governmental Accountability, Audit and Internal Control Act and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors (Standards)
• Minimal travel required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.