Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Minimum Senior level college student at a degree-granting four-year college or university
• Or currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or equivalent to a C.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 3 within the Office of Information Technology Services/RFI Portfolio/Business Solutions in Albany, the selected candidate will be responsible for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle. The responsibilities will include both new development as well as maintenance tasks.
This position is responsible for analysis, program development and testing of agency application systems. Illustrative duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Code, test, and maintain Java/J2EE applications that are in compliance with program specifications and coding standards
• Create detailed program design specifications for system implementations, Integrations, and enhancements.
• Utilize relevant programming languages, queries, utilities, maintenance tools, and relational databases (e.g. AIX DB2) to troubleshoot, update, and modify the various components.
• Collaborate effectively within a team environment, as well as members of other teams as necessary.
• Facilitate and participate in meetings with ITS and DTF customers.
Additional Comments For foreign nationals being sponsored by their college - in order to become permanent, authorization to work in the US without sponsorship is required. NYS is unable to sponsor for Work Authorization purposes.
Fingerprinting is required.
All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status through a secure online portal, if vaccinated.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, by December 23, 2022, please submit a clear, concise cover letter, resume, and college transcript, indicating that you are applying for the Java Boot Camp Student Assistant, Various items, Vacancy ID . Your college transcript should show your current enrollment and completed credit hours. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.