Minimum Qualifications • Must be a US citizen or foreign national eligible to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be currently attending a New York State college, university or graduate program, or be a resident of New York State attending a college, university or graduate program outside of New York State
• Minimum Sophomore level college student
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year as a student at a degree-granting two or four-year college or university (completion of one year’s worth of academic credits over a more extended period of time may qualify part-time students)
• Or currently enrolled graduate student or accepted in a graduate degree program
• Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or equivalent to a C.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4 (Data Communications), SG-25, within the Chief Technology Office, Shared Services Section, the Student Assistant will be a support technician on the Shared Platform Services DNS, DHCP and IPAM (DDI) team; providing assistance with the implementation of all DNS, DHCP and IPAM requests and standards for NYS Agency and Enterprise applications and shared services.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the configuration, troubleshooting and deployment of DNS, DHCP, IPAM and NTP services for the citizens of New York.
• Coordinate, document and diagram all changes.
• Assist in the investigation/diagnosis/resolution of any Name and IP Services issues.
• Implementation DDI Service Requests.
• Write technical procedures.
• Track and communicate with customers and vendors.
• Create and maintain process documentation and/or data models.
• Execute system tests and record tests results.
• Establish effective working relationships with agency staff and customers for the implementation of critical projects.
Additional Comments Fingerprinting is required.
All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a clear, concise cover letter, resume, and college transcript indicating that you are applying for the Student Assistant, Ref. #18474, by 12/16/2022. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.