Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of paralegal certificate program.
Relevant experience: Five years’ experience as a paralegal, preferably in a corporate setting or law firm, or the equivalent, is preferred.
Knowledge required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior organizational skills are a must. Ability to work collegially and effectively in a team setting. Ability to meet tight deadlines. Detail orientation.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
To provide broad-based paraprofessional support to attorneys handling appeals of denials of certification as a Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) by New York State’s Division of Minority and Women’s Business Development (DMWBD) as well as other tasks to support ESD’s legal department as needed.
Responsibilities can include some or all of the following:
• Perform legal research and maintain departmental files.
• Process incoming appeals and maintain appropriate tracking systems.
• Prepare initial drafts and/or proofread legal correspondence pertaining to appeals.
• Coordinate and schedule pre-hearing conferences with all parties.
• Work closely with appeal unit attorneys on preparation and delivery of evidence.
• Monitor and respond to appeal inquiries from appeal inbox.
• Provide broad-based paraprofessional support to ESD’s legal department as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY