Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 52.6 transfer to a(n) Information Technology Specialist 2, SG-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
For a 70.1 transfer to a(n) Information Technology Specialist 2, SG-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in an approved 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
For a 70.4 transfer to this title, you must:
• have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-16 or higher; and
• meet the current or anticipated open competitive minimum qualifications for this title; and
• not have failed the last promotion or open competitive examination for this title; and
• have passed an examination appropriate for this title and have standing on that eligible list.
To determine if your current Civil Service title is eligible for transfer to this title, visit the Career Mobility GOT-IT website: Career Mobility Office » GOT-IT (ny.gov)
Appointments via transfer must not result in a second, consecutive transfer with an advancement of more than two S-grades or one M-grade.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
• Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement. (Information Technology Specialist 1 & 2 » Department of Civil Service (ny.gov) or ITS Series (ny.gov))
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary)
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
*If you are currently 55b/c eligible and possess a bachelor’s degree, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Duties Description • Create and maintain system documentation, as well as diagram the infrastructure of entire systems.
• Collaborate and actively participate with other Chief Information Office (CIO) units to troubleshoot problems within the Office of the State Comptroller’s (OSC) infrastructure.
• Support and maintain processes developed to automate, deploy, and/or support services offered by the Internet Services Administration (ISA) unit.
• Monitor and complete routine health checks of servers.
• Manage user accounts and software for ISA supported applications.
• Apply security fixes and feature packs on regularly scheduled intervals for all ISA support software.
• Create detailed plans used for software upgrades.
• Install and configure new software installations.
• Perform upgrades to current systems.
• Create, modify, maintain scripts, plan, and coordinate the scheduling of scripts.
• Implement security policies per industry best practices.
• Coordinate problem resolution between teams.
• Provide on-call support for nightly batch processing.
• Verify supported applications and web servers supported by ISA are operating and available.
• Check previous night’s batch processing results each morning, resolving any outstanding issues.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience with Applications Servers (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Demonstrated experience with Development, Programming Languages, Protocols and Tools (3 months to less than 1 year).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly master new information technology concepts using a variety of methods, such as on-the-job learning, research, and formal training.
• Demonstrated initiative, independence, confidentiality, planning and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical thinker with excellent troubleshooting and root-cause analysis skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other business teams and vendor support staff.
• Demonstrates positive attitude and fosters mutually respectful and beneficial working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge associated with technical and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with users and understanding the organizational structure.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than December 20, 2022. Reference Item #00698-OER-EMZ in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Susan St. George, 518-408-4115
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.