38 Fireman's Way
Minimum Qualifications Permanent/Provisional
*Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of statutory hiring rate ($33,157) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513). The Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) is also added to job rate ($41,018)
Permanent candidates must currently be a permanent Office Assistant 1 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list
Transfer candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional candidates: There are no minimum education or experience requirements for these examinations.
Preferred Qualifications: A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office Assistant 1 is to provide organizational oversight and clerical/data entry work for Area 2 treatment team 3 and Area 3 treatment team 3.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems (Fire Evac Plans, Site Specific Plans of Protective Oversight, incident folders, correspondence with families, etc...)
• Enter daily census movements and Res Hab billing into TABS
• Complete purchase orders and maintain office equipment and supplies
• Maintain and update individuals’ profiles for each of 10 sites
• Provide receptionist presence at the Fireman's Way office for State Operations
• Liaison with house managers and DA3's to gather vital documents monthly for TTL report
• Photocopy and fax documents as needed,
• Prepare meeting agendas, compose/type/distribute meeting minutes and routine correspondence and reports
• Complete documentation and enter information for residential habilitation billing
• Assist with technical issues for the Fireman's Way office
• Prepare tracking and statistical reports using Excel spreadsheets, confidential and sensitive documents, and submission of incident packets
• Provide clerical coverage in the absence of other admin assistants
• Complete special projects and/or other duties as assigned or requested
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic OPWDD – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.