Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any permanent Social Work Assistant 3 OR
Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: For qualified employees of NYS: Must have had twelve months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Social Work Assistant 2, Social Work Assistant 2 (Spanish Language), or Social Work Assistant 2 (Manual Communications).
For all other qualified individuals: You must have: Either: 1. A master’s degree in social work; Or 2. A bachelor’s degree in social work and one year of post-bachelor’s experience in social work;
Or 3. A bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area and two years of post-bachelor’s experience in social work.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
The Family Care Home Liaison has the primary responsibility for ensuring the Family Care Providers operate in accordance with Family Care and Sunmount policy as well as regulations associated with the Family Care Program.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide oversight for a caseload of approximately 15 family care homes.
• Complying with policy and regulations governing the family care program.
o Complete all documentation as required per regulation meeting all deadlines for completion.
o Develop Fire Evacuation Plan, ensuring drills are conducted at least monthly to include a yearly observed and sleep drill.
o Write and monitor the Staff Action Plan, Health & Safety Needs and Residential Habilitation Daily Checklist. Complete the Personal Expenditure Plan, Money Management Assessment and Determination for Independence at Home and in the Community Assessment with team input.
o Write monthly note based on services provided as outlined in the Staff Action plan.
o Oversee appropriate completion of waiver service documentation ensuring that appropriate provider activity /billing code is utilized for each day.
o Develop plan for trial placements. Participate in placement process, making notifications and completing Due Process as required.
o Attend and participate in Family Care Staff Meetings on a monthly basis.
o Attend Life Plan/special meetings and communicate with program personnel, team members and Care Manager.
o Other meetings as requested/assigned.
• Home Visits
o Visit homes monthly or more often as warranted to assess compliance with program requirements and individual status and satisfaction.
o Confirm program and environmental requirements are being met and maintained.
o Observe fire evacuation drill including one sleep drill.
o Observe meal/snack yearly to verify that dietary/food modifications, supervision needs, and adaptive equipment is utilized as recommended.
o Lead initial family care home certification and recertification process of family care homes.
o Lead initial substitute provider certification and recertification process.
o Ensure Plans of Corrections and Statement of Deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner.
o Ensure that the Family Care Provider receives all payments and benefits in a timely manner as well as assists the provider in completing all necessary forms related to payment.
o Provide oversight and guidance with the management of personal allowance, earned income, person-owned accounts, 809 Funds; ensure monies are utilized per regulation.
o Teach mandatory training courses to Family Care Providers and Substitute Providers.
• Crisis Management
o Manage crises with assigned family care homes as needed to ensure safety of the individual(s).
• Significant travel is required utilizing state vehicles when available or personal vehicle when not.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Additional Comments OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture, and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
As a participating agency in the Health Care and Mental Hygiene Worker Bonus Program (HWB), direct care employees may be eligible to earn up to $3000 in bonuses for qualifying service if they meet specific requirements including continuous service during the appropriate vesting periods. For more information on the program, please contact Amanda Kelly at 518-359-4157.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and resume by December 19, 2022 to:
Sunmount – OHRM
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 22-267 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintain eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.