9 Old Post Rd
Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a small engine repair trade under a skilled tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services. When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
Duties Description Under the supervision of higher-level personnel, the Trades Generalist at this location performs journey-level work in the primary trade of small engine maintenance anf repair, and skilled and semiskilled levels of work in carpentry, painting, general masonry, basic electrical, plumbing and maintenance and repairs. The Trades Generalist will:
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on vehicles and small engine equipment, such as mowers, weed eaters, blowers, etc. Repairs may include tire changes, hydraulic hose replacement, fluids changes (oil, transmission, and brake), engine hose repairs or replacements, etc.
• Build, repair and install counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, and windows as well as building and installing framework, roofs and trim following verbal or written instructions.
• Supervise lower-level annual and seasonal staff reponsible for performing the following duties: litter control, grounds upkeep and landscaping, snow and ice control, restroom cleaning, and other tasks and activities.
• Operate light trucks, passenger vehicles, snowplows, tractors, and heavy equipment, such as backhoes, frontend loaders, and dump trucks. Will be responsible for loading and packing as required.
• Make recommendations to supervisor on need for specific materials for the performance of tasks; Will be responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate levels of supplies to accomplish tasks.
• May conduct inspections of facilities to determine maintenance needs and make recommendations of priorities for repairs based on the nature of the maintenance problem.
• Perform other tasks like painting, general masonry, plumbing, maintenance and repairs, tree removal, storm clean-up etc.
• Maintain machinery and equipment, making sure work areas and equipment are clean, safe, and properly serviced.
• Inspect work area and facility for safety hazards, carry out corrective actions to reduce or eliminate risk to employees and public safety, and complete required safety reports.
• May be required to load and unload materials, tools, and equipment of various weights and sizes in the performance of duties assigned.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Additional Comments OPERATING NEEDS:
• Must have the ability to work weekends, holidays, and shift work based on operational needs.
• Must be able to prepare job estimates and order shop supplies.
• Must have the ability to read and understand instructions.
• Must have the ability to lift, carry and move equipment and/or materials of different weights and sizes.
• Must have the ability to work from extension ladders and various heights.
• Must possess and maintain a valid New York State License as a term and condition of employment.
• Must possess or obtain Game of Logging Levels 1, 2, & 3 by the end of the probationary period or as classes are available as a term and condition of employment.
The posted hiring rate is the sum of the statutory hiring rate for CSEA Grade 12 ($46,146) and the Lower Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) The posted job rate is the sum of the statutory job rate ($56,324) and the Downstate Adjustment ($1,513)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Po Box 308
Notes on ApplyingPlease forward your application and resume, if available, to Teresa Moscillo, Mills Norrie State Park Po Box 308 Staatsburg, NY 12580. You can email your application, resume, and letter of interest to Teresa Moscillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified persons are invited and encouraged to apply.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe their experience and demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications and agency operating needs.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask or mandate in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Agency