Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Candidate must have high school diploma; and either 1 year of experience in Dental Assisting or have graduated from an accredited program in Dental Assisting.
• DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) preferred.
• CPR Certification.
• 3 years of Dental Assistant experience
Special Instructions Summary:
• n compliance with 10 NYCRR 2.61, Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
• This is optional: please attach a CPR certification under “Certifications”.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The School of Dental Medicine is seeking a part-time Dental Assistant. UB Dental is a vital part of the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. As a teaching facility, we offer our dental students the opportunity to work closely with patients of all ages. In addition, we are a safety net for the Buffalo-Niagara region, providing dental care for thousands of people each year throughout the community.
As a Dental Assistant, you will:
• Serve as chair-side assistant to licensed dental practitioners, and dental students (pre-doctoral, post graduate and residents) in examination and treatment of patients in all phases of dentistry.
• Obtain and replenish supplies, filing and setting up operatories for all necessary procedures.
• Assist in regulatory compliance and keep abreast of new developments, techniques and materials as they come about, and insure adherence to proper infection control protocol.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit package
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.