50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description • Perform all types of structural analysis, including those of high degree of complexity relating to the design, estimating, and preparation of contract plans for new and replacement bridge projects and rehabilitation projects
• Investigate and provide fast track repair design and details for unanticipated or emergency structural conditions
• Review structural drawings, details, specifications and estimates and initiate corrections.
• Perform inspections and work on necessary reports in preparation of producing contract documents for structure rehabilitation.
• Requires Sealing and signing all Structural Designs performed.
• Provide expert oversight and quality assurance during structural fabrication and construction and in support of design activities involving these specialties: Metals engineering, Concrete Engineering, Construction Engineering, and Hydraulic Engineering
• Review and approve calculations and drawings for shop drawing, structural lifting operations, bridge erection, temporary structures, cofferdams, and other contractor submittals.
• Development and issuing bridge design and construction standards, specifications and Bridge Manual.
• Provide Quality Assurance and manage statewide structures inspection, inventory and evaluation programs.
• Review overload permit applications including engineering analysis for superload permit applications
• Perform and/or provide QA for Level 1 and Level 2 Load Ratings statewide
• Provide asset management analysis, goals and performance measures for bridges, large culverts and overhead sign structures, as well as trade off analysis per structure type.
• Consult with agency staff, representatives of State and local governments, and regulatory authorities about programs, solicitations, and projects.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments * Telecommuting: The Department's current telecommuting agreement is valid through December 31, 2022 and is subject to extension beyond that date.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 4-3
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with the Notice Number MO-22-226 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than December 21st, 2022