Minimum Qualifications "Bachelor's degree* with at least 15 credit hours in cyber security, information assurance, or information technology; and two years of information technology experience, including one year of information security or information assurance experience**. *Substitution: bachelor's degree candidates without at least 15 course credits in cyber security, information assurance, or information technology require an additional year of general information technology experience to qualify. Appropriate information security or information assurance experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree on a year for-year basis; an associate's degree requires an additional two years of general information technology experience.
**Experience solely in information security or information assurance may substitute for the general information technology experience. "
Preferred Qualifications: "Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience working with internal and external partners on information security issues. Essential Skills:
• Knowledge of Risk Management frameworks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate information technology and information security concepts.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Provide recommendations to update and improve existing strategies and approaches.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a flexible attitude and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems and experience with firewalls, VPNs, and proxies, as well as security and information event management systems (SIEMs).
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.CISSP, CISM, Experience with NIST 800-53"
Duties Description Working under the supervision of NYSOH Chief Information Security Officer, the ITS 3 is required to provide advice and guidance on all issues involving information governance, security and compliance, and working with programs across NYSOH to facilitate the development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of security policies and procedures necessary to keep NYSOH data in compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) MARS-E 2.2 and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 1075 requirements.
Additional Comments Candidate must be able to work collaboratively with vendors
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference ST/ITSIS/00294 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, ST/ITSIS/00294, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.