110 State Street
Minimum Qualifications You must be currently reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title, eligible under the 55 b/c program (see below), or eligible to transfer to this title under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
For a 52.6 transfer to a Contract Management Specialist 1, SG-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above (11 or above for a Trainee 1, 12 or for a Trainee 2).
For a 70.1 transfer to a Contract Management Specialist, SG-18, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above (11 or above for a Trainee 1, 12 or for a Trainee 2).
55-b/c program appointments:
For a 55 b/c appointment, you must:
· Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service and listed on the most recent exam announcement.
· Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary).
· Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service, www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/, and be able to provide it to the Human Resources Office upon request.
Duties Description · Review and summarize legislation and its impact on Bureau operations. Develop and assist with the development of audit guidelines and procedures. Train Bureau staff on new processes and procedures.
o Work with audit teams in the Bureau of Contracts and other stakeholders to assess impact of legislation on the contract audit process.
o Draft and revise procedures to guide Bureau staff in their contract audit reviews.
o Provide training to Bureau staff on new processes and procedures as needed.
· Participate in the development and creation of reports to assist the Bureau in meeting its goals and statutory reporting requirements.
o Work with audit teams in the Bureau of Contracts and other stakeholders to develop, run, and distribute reports useful to the Bureau.
o Gather, validate, and organize data to be issued in the Bureau’s statutorily mandated reports.
· Provide user support to Bureau staff in use of SFS and operational support in the monitoring and integrity of SFS data related to contract transactions. Provide agency outreach and training on system applications.
o Assist in the creation and presentation of training programs.
o Answer questions from staff.
o Review periodic reports to assess data.
o Support recommendations to management and initiate corrective action where needed.
· Perform SFS troubleshooting tasks and special projects as requested. Assist with SFS testing for upgrades and system application enhancements.
o Provide user support to Bureau staff by troubleshooting and working with SFS to resolve defects with the SFS system.
o Assist with SFS testing for upgrades and system application enhancements.
o Work on special projects as requested.
· Participate in data analytics to help inform the Bureau decision making process when conducting risk-based audits.
o Assist in the analysis of data that can help the Bureau better focus in on high risk transactions.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
· Ability to read and comprehend documents and prepare executive summary documents
· Ability to compare documents to laws, rules and regulations for conformity
· Ability to clearly and concisely document procedures and guidelines
· Ability to analyze large amounts of data to determine trends
· Experience with processing procurement transactions in the Statewide Financial System
· Familiarity with NY State Finance Law and the NYS Procurement Guidelines
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 21, 2022. Reference Item #01625-OER-MD in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: James Iwaneczko, email@example.com
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.