Minimum Qualifications Human Resources Specialist 1 Benefits, SG-18: eligible for 52.6 transfer.
Human Resources Specialist Benefits Trainee, NS: reachable on the Department of Civil Service’s PATT eligible list (Department of Civil employees only), the PCO eligible list (score of 100 or higher), eligible for a Section 70.1 or 70.4 transfer, or 55-b/c eligible with Bachelor’s Degree.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will be located in the Policy Unit and will be responsible for the following duties:
• Participating in the administration of the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) by providing guidance, instruction, assistance, and information to client agencies and enrollees verbally and in written form. This includes responding to inquiries regarding law, regulations, policy and administration of NYSHIP, as well as benefit and claims assistance.
• Assisting NYSHIP participating employers with onboarding to & withdrawing and reviewing resolution changes to ensure compliance with NYSHIP rules and responding as appropriate.
• Reviewing NYSHIP policy documents and publications and providing feedback and recommendations for updates.
• Assisting the Policy Unit Training and Development team with preparing and reviewing training materials for Department employees, Health Benefits Administrators, and others.
• Using developed metrics and reporting to ensure unit workflow is meeting minimum standards and developing strategies to improve staff performance.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS employees may be approved for a maximum of 50% telecommuting, however, they are required to apply and obtain approval through management in accordance with DCS Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Agency Bldg 1, 9th Floor, 911