79-25 Winchester Blvd.
Duties Description Beauticians provide standard beauty treatments and hairdressing services such as shampoos, haircuts, permanent waves, manicures and facials to patients
• Using such equipment as scissors, combs, hand or machine clippers cuts patient’s hair in accordance with the wishes of the patient, the general style standards prescribed or the condition and contour of the patient’s scalp
• Performs hair setting tasks which require constant use of the hands and fingers while standing
• Maintains cleanliness of beauty parlor and equipment
• Maintains equipment in working order
• Orders supplies used in the beauty parlor
• Keeps all patients under close observation while in the beauty parlor and records observations when necessary
• Working knowledge of haircutting and hairdressing techniques.
• Working knowledge of proper sanitary beauty parlor procedures.
• Working knowledge of the use and repair of tools and equipment used in the beauty parlor trade.
• Ability to stand on feet for a long period of time.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing for the purpose of exchanging information and making people feel at ease.
• Ability to establish rapport with clientele to make them feel at ease.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable.2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information and may be required to pay any necessary fees.3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
This position is eligible for the down state Adjustment of $3,026.
OMH hospital employees must be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may not start working until two weeks after their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
79-25 Winchester Blvd.
Notes on ApplyingIndicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it with your other application materials.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.