Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree, or an Associate’s degree plus three years relevant work experience or a high school diploma or equivalent plus four years of DASNY relevant experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field plus one year of accounts payable experience.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
Under general supervision, the Accountant is responsible for thorough, accurate and timely processing and/or entry of payments of low to moderate complexity in a dynamic and deadline driven environment.
• Enter, review, process invoices and payment requests of a low to moderate level of complexity and ensure compliance with the contract, purchase order or bond document and DASNY policies and procedures, as well as relevant state and federal laws.
• Maintain the lien docket and create the appropriate system holds and/or vouchers in the financial management system, ensuring that payments to contractors/vendors are held and released correctly.
• Work directly with other DASNY staff, clients, trustees, grantees and vendors to research and resolve conflicts/problems/issues. Ensure that supervisors are consulted when appropriate and kept informed of problems.
• Assist with researching and coordinating responses to legal requests, FOIL requests, and other requests for information, including collecting information and documents responsive to the requests.
• May assist with tasks related to the annual audit, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets and analyzing payment data, as well as collection of documentation requested by the auditors.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and State laws, financial standards/practices, and DASNY policies and procedures.
• Verify, analyze, record, import, export and reconcile data among various sources, including, but not limited to contracts, purchase orders, client agreements, bond covenants, the financial management system and various other PC applications/databases.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Create and/or maintain various schedules, reports, spreadsheets, databases and/or files.
• Maintain the confidentiality of confidential and/or personal information that may be accessed in the course of performing their job duties.
• Suggest opportunities for improvement in unit processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the training of employees.
• Assist with the documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Participation in testing of system upgrades.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Assist with the implementation, review, and testing of internal controls.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees is not required.
Occasional travel may be required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler, three-hole punch, date stamp, shredder.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease use the following link to apply:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.