Minimum Qualifications Human Resources Specialist 1, SG-18: eligible for a 52.6 transfer.
Human Resources Specialist Trainee, NS: reachable on the Department of Civil Service’s PATT eligible list (Department of Civil employees only), reachable on the PCO eligible list, eligible for a Section 70.1 or 70.4 transfer, or 55-b/c eligible (Must have bachelor’s degree and 55b/c designation letter to qualify)
*As a Human Resources Specialist Trainee, you would participate in a 2-year traineeship. At the successful conclusion of your traineeship, you would advance without further examination to Human Resources Specialist 1, Grade 18.
Duties Description The Department’s Office of Human Resources and Administrative Planning is responsible for a full range of human resources management activities in support of a diverse mix of statewide programs. Reporting to a Human Resources Specialist 2, the incumbent of this position will serve as a generalist in the administration of the agency’s human resources management program. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Recruitment, including posting of vacancy announcements, eligible list canvassing, reviewing resumes for eligibility, and reviewing interview questions and responses,
• Preparing and submitting position classification requests,
• Onboarding of new employees, including entry of appointment transactions in the Human Capital Management system (HCM),
• Assisting with the administration of the Performance Evaluation Program,
• Assisting with the administration of the Reasonable Accommodation Request process,
• Assisting in Labor Relations issues when needed, including but not limited to; providing advice and assistance to program managers and supervisors in disciplinary matters, communicating in oral and written form to employees, program managers, agency administrators, union representatives, and the Governors’ Office of Employee Relations (GOER),
• Assisting with the Department’s Annual Internal Control Review for the Office of Human Resources,
• Assisting with personnel training courses as needed,
• Other human resources functions as assigned.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS employees may be approved for a maximum of 50% telecommuting, however, they are required to apply and obtain approval through management in accordance with DCS Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.