Minimum Qualifications Human Resources Specialist 1 Testing, SG-18: Eligible for a 52.6 or 70.1 transfer.
Human Resources Specialist Trainee 1 Testing, NS: Reachable on the Department of Civil Service’s PATT eligible list (Department of Civil Service employees only); reachable on the PCO eligible list; OR eligible for a 70.1 or 70.4 transfer; or 55-b/c eligible with a Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred qualifications: Background and/or knowledge of mathematics and/or statistics. Strong problem-solving, logical reasoning, critical thinking, and organizational skills. Ability to clearly communicate data analysis results visually, verbally and in writing. Close attention to detail.
Duties Description This position exists in the Testing Services Division’s new Test Validation and Evaluation section. Under the general direction of a Human Resources Specialist 2 Testing, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for the evaluation and validation of Civil Service examinations. The primary duties will include:
• Analyzing and validating tools and tests created and/or used in personnel assessment and selection by the Department of Civil Service, including, but not limited to, multiple-choice and training and experience exams, situational judgment, job simulations, constructed responses, and performance tests.
• Collecting and studying job information for use in conducting large-scale job analyses.
• Conducting test equating analyses and demonstrating equivalency in test forms.
• Providing analyses of special populations and assisting in ensuring that test items are free from statistical, racial, gender, cultural or other bias.
• Using Microsoft Excel, SPSS, and other databases to perform mathematical and statistical operations and to create reports and visualizations.
• Working collaboratively with other members of the Testing Services Division and with other individuals/groups within and outside of the Department.
• Participating in a variety of research projects.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DCS employees may be approved for a maximum of 50% telecommuting, however, they are required to apply and obtain approval through management in accordance with DCS Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.