Duties Description 1. Handle and process onboarding and offboarding activities and transactions including, but not limited to conducting employee orientation, ensuring required onboarding documents are completed and submitted to the BSC timely, processing separations, tracking pending retirements, and conducting exit interviews to gain information on staff turnover.
2. Administer medical and other leaves including Workers’ Compensation, continuous and intermittent FMLA leave and personal leave. Provide guidance, training and coaching to employees and supervisors as necessary.
3. Review and accurately enter all personnel transactions in HRIS and HCM within prescribed timeframes from the Business Services Center (BSC). Reviews HR systems to ensure submitted transactions have been updated accurately by the BSC. Address errors/inaccurate information timely and consistently. Interact with Civil Service, BSC, and the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) in preparation of transactions.
4. Assist in recruitment and selection of employees by participating in first round interviews and other related activities. May assist in additional recruitment activities (preparing vacancy notices, canvassing eligible lists, etc.) when needed.
Monitor and assist employees with questions related to policy and procedures, time and attendance, employee benefits, seniority determinations, etc., employee leaves, and worker’s compensation. Prepares transactions related to leaves and worker’s compensation for submission to the Business Services Center (BSC) for processing. Ensures information is accurate and meets all requirements for BSC transactions.
5. Independently compile data and summarize results from various Human Resources systems (PayServ, NYSTEP, HCM, etc.) to be used in the preparation of reports for management needs, special studies, workforce planning, etc. Coordinate, compile and maintain confidential background information for BHRM related activities.
6. Draft and process reports, documents, spreadsheets and confidential correspondence; maintain applications, records and databases in accordance with records retention guidelines and other federal, state and agency statutory and/or regulatory requirements.
7. Oversee and maintain the tracking of agency computers/laptops, cellphones and other devices, including device issuance and return of devices.
8. May assist with the administration and compliance of HESC’s Telecommuting Pilot Program. This requires working knowledge of telecommuting guidelines, Civil Service title and salary plan, and current business needs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments NOTE: The hours of this position require working 9:00am to 5:00pm
NOTE: Telecommuting options will be discussed during the time of interview.
Please be sure to include a valid daytime telephone number and e-mail address on your resume and/or cover letter.
To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Aide-HR" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by 12/19/2022
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with "Program Aide-HR" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by 12/19/2022