102 Rivers Edge Road
Minimum Qualifications One year of service as a Facility Operations Assistant 1 or Motor Vehicle Operator; OR, two years of full-time, verifiable experience in custodial, grounds, or maintenance operation or assisting in a journey-level trade. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description As a Facility Operations Assistant 2:
• Supervises Facility Operations Assistants 1, or other grounds, custodial, or maintenance crew, providing work assignments based on priorities set by management, ensuring schedules, standards and guidelines are met.
• Maintain written records of work performed and labor and materials used; reports orally to the supervisor on the progress of projects under way.
• Perform routine replacement and repair of plumbing and steamfitting equipment and installation of new equipment, according to layouts provided by the supervisor, by cutting, fitting, and threading pipe; removing existing pipes and fixtures.
• Repair, replace or adjust filters, pumps, water mixers, thermostats, and other fixtures; locating and unplugging stoppages; checking oil level in storage tanks; repairing leaks in steam and water lines; overhauling vacuum pumps; and insulating steam lines.
• Repair doors, windows, window sashes, storm windows, stairs, railings, furniture, locks, and door hardware.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Additional Comments: This position is eligible for the Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.
OMH hospital employees must be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may not start working until two weeks after their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
102 Rivers Edge Road
Notes on ApplyingPlease indicate the Title, Vacancy ID # and Location of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email or fax. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it along with your other application materials via fax, mail or the Human Resources email address noted above.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.