Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications; an MBA or CFA is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of 15+years’ experience in institutional, publishing fundamental credit analysis.
Seeking candidates with the following attributes:
• Goal-oriented individual with solid organizational skills.
• Strong quantitative skills and analytical ability.
• Compelling presentation skills, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Duties Description • Manage Credit Committee and Pricing Committee;
• Conduct fundamental credit research of investment grade (IG) corporate debt securities; analyze individual credits as well as trends and themes within assigned industry sectors;
• Establish a fundamental analytical framework for the IG credit portfolio;
• Assist in the implementation of credit portfolio management tools and systems to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of managing all investment assets;
• Utilize equity predictive models to assess default risk;
• Responsible for fostering and maintaining relationships with external parties including company management, sell-side analysts and rating agencies;
• Provide ad hoc in-depth analytical and quantitative support for the overall portfolio management team;
• Prepare and present write-ups to management and portfolio management teams;
• Analyze IG issuers via financial modeling, accounting review, assessment of management’s communications, assessment of third-party research, and interrogation of management and sell-side analysts, among others;
• Assess the relative value of IG bond investment opportunities by interpretation of capital structures, bond covenants, market drivers of bond performance and the value of available alternatives;
• Maintain an active dialogue, recommend investments across a range of portfolios (with e.g, different risk appetites and possible restrictions), defend those recommendations in both oral and written communication with the investment department;
• Perform ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and key credits in those industries, and communicate updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing) to management;
• Regularly work proactively and communicate with the CIO, investment consultants, and portfolio management staff to identify risks, both quantitatively and qualitatively, of risk issues related to the portfolios and strategies; and
• Assume the responsibilities of the Chief Administrative Officer in their absence.
Additional Comments Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
• Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
• Bargaining unit: Management/Confidential
• Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
NYSIF has a telecommuting program.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.