Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
One or more of the following:
• Two years of full-time experience in maintenance or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled tradesperson
• OR completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services, such as the New York State Civil Service Employees Association-Partnership (NYS CSEA-P) Applied Skilled Trades Certificate Program*;
• OR an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of appropriate technical courses at a school, institute, or branch of the Armed Services
*Successful completion of the NYS CSEA-P Applied Skilled Trades Certificate Program includes a total of 288 hours of trade-specific classroom instruction, 45 hours of technical math course work, 45 hours of technical communications course work, and 15 hours of blueprint/schematic reading course work. It does not include 4,000 hours of on-the-job training, as required for the NYS CSEA-P Applied Skilled Trades Traineeship.
• Based on the transportation needs of the position, a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in NYS is preferred.
• Routine tasks require moderate and/or heavy physical effort.
• The ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, twist, lift, reach overhead and work at elevated heights using ladders and other equipment for extended periods of time is required.
Duties Description Position Summary:
Campus Living invites applications for the Maintenance Assistant position. This role offers consistent, daytime work hours and the opportunity to work overtime. As a Maintenance Assistant, your contributions will ensure that structures and equipment are installed correctly, properly maintained and repaired as needed.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Repair/adjust electrical equipment
• Operate and maintain heating/air conditioning systems
• Perform semi-skilled carpentry activities
• Repair, maintain and service structures and equipment
In choosing to work for UB’s Campus Living, you will find a dynamic environment that encourages professional growth.
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About Campus Living
Campus Living, a unit within the division of Student Life, serves to provide the best residential living experience for students at the University at Buffalo. Campus Living offers quality, affordable and desirable campus housing in support of the university’s mission. Campus Living is comprised of 13 residence halls and five apartment complexes accommodating 8,000 residents on the North and South Campuses. Approximately 5,800 students reside in the residence halls and 2,200 students reside in the apartment complexes. Campus Living is comprised of 210 professional and classified staff with a total operating budget of $70m.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures as well a knowledge of applicable codes and regulation is important.
• The ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• This position requires traveling within the campus, between the campuses, and off campus, therefore, the candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to meet this requirement.
• The incumbent must be able to communicate well with others and possess and demonstrate positive customer service skills.
• Since the activities of other employees depend on the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.