1257 Trumansburg Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must possess a New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
At least one year of permanent service in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer pursuant to Civil Service Law
currently serving in the title of Motor Vehicle Operator.
• Candidates will be expected to demonstrate and will be evaluated against the following criteria:
• Must be very organized and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
• Candidate must be able to provide good customer service and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Candidate must be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Motor Vehicle Operators regularly drive any of a variety of motor vehicles including automobiles, buses, trucks and wheelchair vans in order to transport people, material, and equipment as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives a variety of motor vehicles, both on and off State property, in order to transport people, material and equipment, as required.
• Moves and carries cargo onto and off operated vehicles.
• Tends to routine maintenance of vehicle operated (changes oil, tires, spark plugs, and checks fluids and fills when needed, etc.).
• Bus driving
• Moving (Office and Residential)
• Transporting supplies, equipment, etc
• Operate heavy equipment
• May operate and maintain motorized equipment in support of maintenance, grounds, or other areas as needed
• Shoveling, snow plowing, grass cutting and campus grounds work
Additional Comments Please note:
OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter and résumé by December 22, 2022, to:
Broome DDSO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the above EOA # 221222A in all correspondence