Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in public relations, social media, and digital communications.
Substitutions: A bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Social Media, Digital Communications, or a similar degree may substitute for four years of the required experience. An associate degree in these same fields may substitute for two years, and a master’s degree in these same fields may substitute for five years.
• Social media applications for government communications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
• Website editing using a content management system (CMS) such as Drupal and SharePoint.
• Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
• Bilingual candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
Please submit a detailed resume with the following:
1. A summary of social media channels that you use professionally with samples of posts, campaigns, and metrics/insights reports.
2. A summary of websites you have managed and examples of pages or sets of pages you have structured and written.
Duties Description The Public Information Specialist 1 (Digital Specialist) will join the OGS Digital Services team to manage online communications. The Digital Specialist will work closely with various OGS and other agency program management and policymakers to listen, gather requirements, and deliver content strategy solutions for agency websites, applications, and social media communications including but not limited to the following:
• Perform web edits on the agency’s website content management system.
• Monitor online information for accuracy and timeliness.
• Consult with program staff for all online communications needs including new or revised web content, social media, and online documents and forms.
• Draft and structure website content in a clear and presentable way that enables website visitors to successfully interact with online content and complete critical tasks and transactions.
• Monitor Google Analytics and draft analytics reports that provide valuable insights on website visitors and help shape and improve website content strategy.
• Develop content for email and social media campaigns. Manage and schedule social media posts through agency channels.
• Identify and coordinate appropriate media needs for digital initiatives, including graphics, photography, and video in conjunction with functional teams.
Additional Comments Why should you come work for #TeamOGS?
The Office of General Services helps New York State move. From contracting to construction and everything in between, when you join #TeamOGS, you’ll provide digital communications services to every corner of the agency and amplify our good work.
We also bring the fun, like putting on year-round community events and concert series and managing a world-class art collection. Plus, you’ll get perks like:
• Generous paid time off: sick, vacation, holidays, and personal
• Health benefits, including vision and dental plans
• Membership in the New York State Retirement System
• The security and stability of a career in New York State
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza