AgencyState Comptroller, Office of the
TitleOffice Assistant 1 - Item# 05078, 06180, 06184 (3 positions)
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Bargaining UnitASU - Administrative Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $16.36 to $16.36 Hourly
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Office of the New York State Comptroller
800 North Pearl Street
Minimum Qualifications There are no minimum qualifications for this position, please review the desired competencies section of this posting for desired qualifications.
Duties Description • Provide back-up and support to the Director’s secretary within the Call Center
o Attend meetings as necessary, preparing summaries of the discussions and posting them where appropriate for review and reference purposes.
o Respond to incoming correspondence from customers.
o Take calls intended for the Director and/or Assistant Director in their absence, documenting all pertinent information and relaying it to the appropriate party(ies) in a timely manner.
o Make travel arrangements for the Assistant Director as necessary.
o Schedule meetings for executive management.
o Greet people visiting the Call Center and guide them to appropriate staff as necessary.
o Ensure purchases of necessary work-related items for Bureau staff.
• Assist contemporary Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding) staff as necessary to ensure that various reports and other materials requiring keyboarding are completed thoroughly and accurately, in a timely fashion.
o Prepare responses to letters concerning program, policies and procedures for upper management’s signature.
o Review and complete incoming written correspondence and reports to determine their significance. Make recommendations to upper management or refers to appropriate person(s) for timely reply.
o Document and remit to upper management various statistical reports.
o Use various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Access and Excel to maintain and update Bureau informational reports (ex: phone listings) as well as complete stationery reports (i.e., Lost Check, Active Member Death, and Beneficiary Help Find).
o Complete member and pensioner address changes.
o Scan documents that would be uploaded to FileNet, and work with corresponding staff in the Scanning Unit to resolve any issues arising during the scanning process.
o Type address labels (new address or large envelope) as necessary.
Additional Comments Salary Information: 15.88 per hour
• Possesses effective keyboarding, grammatical, written, and proofreading skills.
• Performs tasks accurately and within specific time frames
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills with staff, and with customers as necessary.
• Operates a personal computer and effectively demonstrates a working knowledge of customized Lotus Notes Databases, the PeopleSoft system, the Retirement System’s MEBEL database with its 60 different case types and 180+ action codes, the Internet and OSC’s Intranet in-order to access Retirement System’s laws, policies, and procedures.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address email@example.com
Street Office of the State Comptroller, Office of Human Resources
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 7, 2023. Reference Item #05078(3)-OER-JMB in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Mandi Lenzi Mlenzi@osc.ny.gov
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.