800 North Pearl Street
Duties Description • Provide back-up and support to the Director’s secretary within the Call Center
o Attend meetings as necessary, preparing summaries of the discussions and posting them where appropriate for review and reference purposes.
o Respond to incoming correspondence from customers.
o Take calls intended for the Director and/or Assistant Director in their absence, documenting all pertinent information and relaying it to the appropriate party(ies) in a timely manner.
o Make travel arrangements for the Assistant Director as necessary.
o Schedule meetings for executive management.
o Greet people visiting the Call Center and guide them to appropriate staff as necessary.
o Ensure purchases of necessary work-related items for Bureau staff.
• Assist contemporary Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding) staff as necessary to ensure that various reports and other materials requiring keyboarding are completed thoroughly and accurately, in a timely fashion.
o Prepare responses to letters concerning program, policies and procedures for upper management’s signature.
o Review and complete incoming written correspondence and reports to determine their significance. Make recommendations to upper management or refers to appropriate person(s) for timely reply.
o Document and remit to upper management various statistical reports.
o Use various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Access and Excel to maintain and update Bureau informational reports (ex: phone listings) as well as complete stationery reports (i.e., Lost Check, Active Member Death, and Beneficiary Help Find).
o Complete member and pensioner address changes.
o Scan documents that would be uploaded to FileNet, and work with corresponding staff in the Scanning Unit to resolve any issues arising during the scanning process.
o Type address labels (new address or large envelope) as necessary.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Possesses effective keyboarding, grammatical, written, and proofreading skills.
• Performs tasks accurately and within specific time frames
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills with staff, and with customers as necessary.
• Operates a personal computer and effectively demonstrates a working knowledge of customized Lotus Notes Databases, the PeopleSoft system, the Retirement System’s MEBEL database with its 60 different case types and 180+ action codes, the Internet and OSC’s Intranet in-order to access Retirement System’s laws, policies, and procedures.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to email@example.com, no later than January 3, 2024. Reference Item #05078(3)-OER-JMB in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Mandi Lenzi Mlenzi@osc.ny.gov
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.