AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleQuality Analyst Lead: Integrated Eligibility System (IES), Ref. # 18905
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $97826 to $120492 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Street Address Harriman Office Campus, Building 5 - Albany OR NYC*
Minimum Qualifications • Nine (9) years of experience in quality assurance of large, complex projects, with at least two years of that experience at a supervisory level.
• Substitutions: A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field may substitute for four years of experience. A Master’s degree in computer science or a related field may substitute for an additional year of experience.
• Experience working in New York State/New York City government;
• Knowledge of health and human services policies and programs in New York State/New York City government;
• Experience with managing and supervising quality assurance teams and deliverables.
Duties Description Under the direction of the IES Business Team Governance Lead, the Quality Analyst Lead is responsible for oversight and management of staff on the IES Quality Assurance team. The incumbent will develop IES program level testing strategy, standardize quality assurance processes and artifacts, administer, manage, and maintain quality assurance tools, oversee development of test plans, test cases, test execution, and defect tracking, and assist with and coordinate user acceptance testing, performance testing, and vulnerability testing activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with IES Operations, Project Management, Business Analysis, Organizational Change Management and Training, and Technical Teams to facilitate all areas of quality assurance for the IES program;
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including subject matter experts, executive teams, managers, program directors, vendors, and end users to ensure deliverables meet business needs;
• Standardize quality assurance processes, artifacts, and tools for the IES program;
• Oversee and manage quality assurance team and deliverables;
• Meet with staff regularly to maintain awareness of project/task status and to disseminate relevant project related information;
• Proactively provide status of all project activities to management including progress, issues, risks, mitigations, resolutions, successes and lessons learned;
• Mange adherence to the IES Program Level testing strategy, quality assurance processes, artifacts, and tools;
• Actively oversee staff adherence to internal controls, guidelines, and procedures (including federal standards such as the Food and Nutrition Services 901 Handbook) pertaining to the systems development life cycle;
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Comments Salary will be commensurate with experience.
*Please note, this position may be filled in either Albany or NYC.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Up to 50% telecommuting
• And many more.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address PostingResponses@its.ny.gov
Street NYS ITS Human Resources Management
Empire State Plaza, Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume, indicating that you are applying for Quality Analyst Lead: Integrated Eligibility System (IES), Ref. # 18905. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees. New York State is an equal opportunity employer.