AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleAssistant Portfolio Business Analyst (Project Assistant), Ref.#30944
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $79325 to $100342 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Street Address 44 Holland Avenue
(may be filled in New York City)
Minimum Qualifications Seven years of experience in Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, IT, or a related field.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
Associate’s degree may substitute for two years of experience, Bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of experience, Master’s degree in related field substitutes for an additional year of experience, Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience, beyond a Bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description Under the direction of a senior Business Systems Analyst, the Assistant Portfolio Business Analyst will work on eliciting and documenting requirements, test scenarios, and assist in managing teams focused on business analysis for top ITS / Governor's Office priority initiatives.?? Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Plan, organize, and assign staff to research, gather and evaluate information systems or business process requirements.
• Analyze current or “as-is” state of the business process or functions and process models.
• Document and review requirements for future or “to-be” state of IT system or business processes for critical projects.
• Identify and document business process changes required based on changes to Federal, State, or local laws and statutes.
• Review, create and maintain system documentation including functional documentation.
• Perform data analysis activities.
• Validate proposed business process or IT system changes with stakeholders through structured walkthroughs. Analyze the impact of changes to IT system requirements or business processes and evaluate business analysis delivery timelines and priorities.
• Work directly with stakeholders to resolve issues with design specification challenges.?Manage resources involved with system testing and assess the impact of errors on system function during and after implementation, as needed.
• Schedule and assign staff to write business-focused system documentation and train users on new IT system or business process functions.
• Work with program staff to elicit business process improvement requirements throughout the project and enhancement life cycle, obtaining sign-off by stakeholders as appropriate.
• Ensure written and oral communications are clear and appropriate for the target audience.
• Guide and mentor business systems analyst staff.
• Assist portfolio and division management in developing and communicating methodology, standards, and templates to promote a consistent approach to business systems analysis across ITS
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
This position may be filled in NYC
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Core 4, Floor 1
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Assistant Portfolio Business Analyst Ref #30944. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Some positions may require fingerprinting.