AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleAssistant Portfolio Project Manager (Project Assistant), Ref. #30945
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $79325 to $100342 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Street Address Harriman State Campus, Bldg 5, Fl 1
(may be filled in New York City)
Minimum Qualifications Seven years of experience in Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, IT, or a related field.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
Associate’s degree may substitute for two years of experience, Bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of experience, Master’s degree in related field substitutes for an additional year of experience, Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience, beyond a Bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description Under the direction of an upper-level Project Manager, the Assistant Portfolio Project Manager will be assigned to the DMV Modernization/Transformation Program in the Project Management Office within the Chief Portfolio Office and will manage project activities including scope, budget, quality, resourcing, risk, communications, and more. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with budget preparation; tracking and forecasting of expenses; DOB and executive financial reporting.
• Direct and coordinate human and material resources at all phases of a project-origination, initiation, planning, execution and control, and closeout for the DMV Modernization/Transformation Program which currently consists of 13+ projects.
• Manage the balance of competing demands and mitigates risks for all DMV Modernization/Transformation Program projects.
• Facilitate and document vendor meetings to support the DMV Modernization/Transformation Program.
• Assist with Program planning and day-to-day operational needs.
• Manage all DMV Modernization/Transformation Program coordination among the different functional areas of the vendors, DMV and ITS.
• Assist the PM5 with management of overall program timeline and high-level tracking of deliverables.
• Assist with resource planning; assignment; tracking and oversight.
• Manage the overall coordination and management of project management policies; program resources; reporting requirements; vendors; procurements; schedules.
• Oversee and coordinate the PM resources assigned to the DMV Modernization/Transformation program, and work to identify and track progress on critical path milestones and deliverables of the many interrelated projects.
• Oversee and coordinate project management tasks throughout the project knowledge areas - project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, procurement, and risk.
• Assist the PM5 with the overall liaison activities with coordination and management of COO, CTO resources, reporting requirements, and compliance to policies.
• Perform a full range of supervisory duties
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
May be filled in NYC
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Core 4, Floor 1
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Assistant Portfolio Project Manager Ref #30945. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Some positions may require fingerprinting