(may be filled in New York City)
Minimum Qualifications Nine years of experience, including one year of supervisory experience, in Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, IT, or a related field.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
Associate’s degree may substitute for two years of experience, Bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of experience, Master’s degree in related field substitutes for an additional year of experience, Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience, beyond a Bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Project Management Office (PMO) director, the Lead Portfolio Project Manager will be responsible for managing large projects within the strategic purview of the project Management Office and /or in support of projects within the associated portfolios. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Analyze the performance of projects in the project portfolio and oversee resource planning.
• Perform project mentoring and training.
• Research and manage resource alternatives and potential solutions, document and present resource needs to management and coordinate project activities with those program areas.
• Develop detailed project scope statements, and document project requirements for complex large projects by eliciting project goals, information needs, and relative project priorities from end users, subject experts and others.
• Report both project and large program updates and alternatives to Senior Management.
• Coordinate/facilitate meetings with the project sponsor and relevant representatives and all stakeholders to review project proposal, goals, and intended deliverables.
• Develop project schedules using project schedule software, identify milestones, dependencies, and critical paths, and identify alternatives for accommodating resource conflicts and/or compressing schedules, if required, and any risks associated with those alternatives.
• Develop project communication plans, compile detailed project reports and communicate project status to stakeholders.
• Identify and manage risks with a focus on their potential impacts on both projects and portfolio.
• Manage contract relationships, making decisions on changes in project schedules and scope.
• Oversee consultants, project staff, and other staff within the PMO.
• Perform full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
May be filled in NYC
This posting will fill two positions.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Core 4, Floor 1
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Lead Portfolio Project Manager Ref #30942-43. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Some positions may require fingerprinting