Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State Professional Engineer License and current registration. In order to be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent may be assigned to the Project Management Bureau or the Contract Administration Bureau.
Typical duties of the selected candidate in the Project Bureau may include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as an Office of Construction liaison to one or more Regions.
• Perform quality assurance reviews of active construction projects and prepare associated reports.
• Provide support to regional construction groups by answering technical questions, interpreting specifications, and facilitating timely communication.
• Provide contract administrative support including review and approval of time extensions, overtime dispensations, and value engineering change proposals.
• Interpret contract documents and resolve differences in interpretation. Coordinate and prepare official issuances related to specifications, construction inspection guidance, and policies for general engineering.
• Provide technical trainings and presentations to various groups as needed.
• Mentor subordinate engineers and/or technicians.
• Participate in the review and resolution of construction contract disputes.
• Review construction change orders submitted by regional offices for adherence to both project specific and general departmental specifications and standards.
• Serve as the working level contact with the Office of the State Comptroller concerning change orders and respond to their requests for more information in a timely manner.
• Complete special assignments as needed.
• Identify and lead adoption of best practices for the use of 3D/4D/5D modeling throughout the lifecycle of a project.
• Develop and deliver training to advance e-Construction and BIM throughout the Department’s Construction Program.
• Investigate, implement, and manage construction automation projects to upgrade and enhance construction management processes and/or software.
• Provide support for software currently deployed.
• Work in a collaborative manner with Main Office, Regional and ITS staff to ensure success of projects and statewide consistency.
Effective written and oral communication skills and occasional travel are required.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments *Telecommuting: Opportunities to telecommute will be discussed at interview.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 5-1
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume, titled by last name, with the Notice Number MO-23-295 and last name in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than December 31st, 2023