AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleWeb Developer (Project Assistant), Ref. #30803
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $79325 to $100342 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Minimum Qualifications Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) required, along with:
Either 1. a bachelor's or higher level degree in any field including or supplemented by 15 semester credit hours in computer science with at least 9 semester credit hours in programming languages AND two years of experience in computer programming;
Or 2. a bachelor's or higher level degree in any field AND three years of experience in computer programming;
Or 3. an associate's degree* with 15 semester credit hours in programming languages AND four years of experience in computer programming;
Or 4. five years of experience in computer programming.
To qualify, the computer programming experience must have involved the planning, configuration, testing, implementation, and/or management of the systems environment that supports the organization's information technology architecture and business needs. This could be a mainframe or network based server environment where the server supports databases, data communications, web sites, applications servers, etc. The primary distinctive characteristic of computer systems programming when compared to applications programming is that applications programming produces software which provides services to the user, whereas systems programming produces software which provides services to the computer hardware (e.g., operating systems, disk defragmenter) and requires a greater degree of hardware awareness. Computer systems programming experience does not qualify for this examination.
*Candidates who have completed at least 60 college semester hours in a bachelor's degree program, including at least 15 semester credit hours in a computer science field, also qualify, but must meet the experience requirements as described in #3.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Manager Information Technology Services 1, G-25, within the Chief Technology Office, Business Application Solutions Services, Health and Human Services Portfolio the position will have various responsibilities including:??
• Supporting applications, which include, but are not limited to:
• CFR Web
• Additional applications related to OMH Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Systems
• Develop and implement Angular and .NET applications which leverage the MVC Core framework. Knowledge of VB6. C#, C++ helpful.
• Write SQL code to create and maintain database packages, procedures, functions and triggers.
• Write SQL and PL/SQL code to analyze data and execute scheduled data extract requests, especially requests involving large data sets
• Develop, implement and maintain HL7, XML and other interfaces to send and receive data between systems as needed.
• Create data conversion and migration load scripts as needed.
• Complete unit testing.
• Create and/or provide input for infrastructure as well as application and database architecture design.
• Create technical documentation including architecture diagrams and code comments based on industry standards.
• Actively adapt to changing technology needs and frameworks to best serve the technical and business needs of the organization.
• Leverage the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) for all activities.
• Leverage best practices, patterns and standards for development of new and existing systems.
• Mentor staff, enforce programming standards, and coordinate work assignments.
• Perform peer code reviews for other application developers.
• Create accurate time estimates for the completion of technical documentation, programming, code reviews, unit test creation and execution tasks.
• Work with other support teams as needed to ensure application health including patching, monitoring and upgrades as appropriate.
• Work with Release Management to create deployment packages for application upgrades.
• Assist in the coordination of application migrations.
• Assist with system integration, load and performance test planning and validation efforts.
• Assist in the completion of system integration tests and remediation of issues as needed.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of functional documentation.
• Debug, troubleshoot and remediate application break/fix issues as needed.
• Maintain excellent written and oral communication.
• Perform full range of supervisory duties
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address HRResumes@ogs.ny.gov
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Project Assistant Ref #30803. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.