Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Eligible to transfer via section 70.1 of Civil Service Law by having at least one year of permanent service in a qualifying title. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades. For eligible 70.1 information, visit the Career Mobility Office at: http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/title-search/titlesearch_action.cfm
2. Open Competitive Opportunity:
New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse; and certification by the New York State Education Department in the Psychiatry specialty area to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Nurse Practitioners (Psychiatry) provide psychiatric and behavioral healthcare, working in collaboration with licensed psychiatrists, assessing physical and psychosocial status by means of interview, health and behavioral history, physical examination and diagnostic tests.
• Work collaboratively with other Psychiatric providers as well as Psychologists, Nurses and Direct Support Professionals through the appropriate prescription and management of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions.
• Identify, measure, and monitor clinical and related outcomes to determine the effectiveness of appropriateness of plan of care.
• Participate in psychiatric peer review meetings as well as specialized team meetings.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your application.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodations (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms. Staff on approved vacation, personal leave and/or holiday leave will be considered on duty for bidding purposes.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentaid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
• As a participating agency in the Health Care and Mental Hygiene Worker Bonus Program (HWB), direct care employees may be eligible to earn up to $3000 in bonuses for qualifying service if they meet specific requirements including continuous service during the appropriate vesting periods. For more information on the program, please contact 716-517-2057.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.