AgencyPeople With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
Occupational CategoryHealth Care, Human/Social Services
Bargaining UnitISU - Institutional Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $63936 to $68233 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Various addresses in Westchester County
Minimum Qualifications Either A: A license and current registration to practice as a practical nurse in New York State OR
B: A limited permit to practice as a practical nurse in New York State. OR
C: An application on file for a limited permit to practice as a practical nurse in New York State. (You must be approved immediately following graduation from an approved school of practical nursing in New York State to qualify under this option.)
Note: If you are appointed with either qualification “B” or “C”, you must obtain your license within one year of the date your limited permit was issued or steps will be taken to remove you from the position.
Questions regarding requirements for licensure and registration should be directed to the New York State Education Department Office of the State Board for Nursing, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12237 or by calling (518) 474-3817. The State Education Department may also be contacted by email at email@example.com.
All candidates must also possess a valid Driver’s License. Upon appointment you must submit proof of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State. If you fail to maintain your license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State, appropriate measures may be pursued to remove you from this position.
Duties Description • Monitor the health status of individuals, provide appropriate interventions, and ensure proper documentation.
• Administer medications and treatments.
• Order medications and medical supplies.
• Review and transcribe physician’s orders.
• Complete semi-annual nursing summary and attend reviews.
• File medical reports, ensure follow-up and tracking of medical appointments, and maintain medical record.
• Supervise and provide direct care services, including ADLs.
• Provide and coordinate in service training for Direct Support Assistant Trainees.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments *Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for ISU Grade 10 ($42,493), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($13,000), increased Hiring Rate ($5,356) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($3,087). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate of $52,146) includes the previously mentioned Geographic Differential and Mid-Hudson Adjustment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.