25 Center Circle
Minimum Qualifications Permanent/ Part-time
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a license and current registration to practice dentistry in New York State.
*Incumbents of positions that perform sterilization duties may be required to possess current certification by a nationally accredited central sterile technician credentialing organization as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician, or a substantially equivalent credential.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must have permanent competitive status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provides dental services for individuals in the care of Taconic OPWDD. This position makes examinations of individuals teeth and surrounding oral structures utilizing x-ray imaging, mouth mirrors, and other diagnostic procedures and instruments to determine pathological or irregular conditions. Treats dental disease, including soft and hard tissue pathology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Performs restoration of simple and multi-surface carious lesions with such materials as composite and amalgam.
• Provides nitrous oxide analgesia.
• Performs single and multiple extractions of teeth.
• Provides a prophylaxis via hand, sonic, and ultrasonic tooth scaling.
• Treats hard and soft tissue pathology with appropriate medications, surgery, or other methods once a treatment plan is formulated.
• Takes digital radiographs and maintains written/digital records of each individual’s dental treatment.
• Determines the need for fixed/removable devices/appliances via treatment planning and takes appropriate records for the fit, finish, and insert.
• Advises individuals about appropriate dental health practices.
• Instructs and directs dental clinic staff in the performance of auxiliary duties. May arrange for in-service training for the dental staff.
• May prepare annual budget requests, order dental equipment and supplies, and supervise the regular maintenance of all dental equipment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume, and degree to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number and position title of this announcement on your resume.
OPWDD Taconic – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• This location requires the candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the time of appointment.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.