AgencyPeople With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
TitleHealth Information Management Tech 1
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $48042 to $61055 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Taconic DDSOO Campus
25 Center Circle
Minimum Qualifications Permanent/Provisional
Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must be reachable on the current New York State Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must be a current New York State employee eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades,
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
In the event there is not a valid eligible list at this location, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the Health Information Management Technician 1 examination may submit an employment application and resume and if hired, will be appointed with temporary status. You must be currently certified by the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Candidates must also submit an online application for the Health Information Technician 1 examination during the next application period in February 2023. Applications must be completed and submitted online by February 28, 2023. No late applications will be accepted. These examinations are available on the Department of Civil Service (DCS) website at https://www.cs.ny.gov/jobseeker/dashboard-start/lmsw.cfm
There will be no written test. Candidates will be required to complete an online examination questionnaire that will assess their training and work experience against the range of duties and responsibilities found in these positions. After submission of the online application, candidates will be directed to an online examination questionnaire; they must complete this questionnaire online. The online questionnaire is the test. Failure to complete the application/examination questionnaire will result in disqualification.
Candidates appointed temporarily must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Processes records received into the department
• Assists in established paper and electronic records maintenance and management processes
• Preserve records for archive storage in accordance with established policies and procedure
• Acts as HIM liaison to select teams to provide record management guidance
• Provides ongoing record training to teams
• Responds to record and information requests
• Maintains current Guardian/Advocate information in TABS
• Special projects as assigned by TABS Coordinator
• Utilizes several databases, electronic forms management system, and software to perform required tasks.
• Generates and distributes system reports as scheduled and as requested
• Performs quality improvement functions
• Participates on Local or Statewide Committees, as assigned
• Performs general office functions
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Additional Comments *Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of statutory hiring rate ($46,529) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513). The Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) is also added to job rate ($59,542).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name Taconic DDSOO-Office of Human Resources
Telephone 8458776821, ext. 3367
Email Address email@example.com
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
OPWDD Taconic Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, NY 12592
845-877-6821 extension 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.