TitleResearch Scientist 4 (Clinical Genetics) - 14670
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $97826 to $120492 Annually
Appointment Type Contingent Permanent
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Wadsworth - David Axelrod Institute
120 New Scotland Ave
Minimum Qualifications G27 - Bachelor's degree in a Natural Science and five years of professional post-degree research experience in the appropriate field; or a Master's Degree and four years of such experience; or a doctorate in the appropriate field and two years of such experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctoral degree in Genetics, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology; American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG) Board eligible or holder of a NYS Certificate of Qualification in Genetic Testing Molecular. Experience in a clinical genetics or newborn screening testing laboratory.
Duties Description The Research Scientist 4 will provide programmatic oversight of the administration and operation of the Newborn Screening Program. This position will ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and develop plans for continuous quality improvement based on data and program priorities. The candidate will ensure accurate result reporting, implement screening for new conditions (test development, and validation), explore new testing technologies, seek extramural funding and write manuscripts.
Additional Comments Contingent-permanent, full-time, non-competitive appointment. Occasional travel to national meetings and conferences is required. (10%)
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name Human Resources Management; NMH/RS4/14670
Email Address email@example.com
Street Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza,
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference NMH/RS4/14670 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/RS4/14670, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until May 31, 2023.