AgencyEducation Department, State
TitleProject Assistant, Box PIMS-620/51519
Occupational CategoryNo Preference
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $79325 to $100342 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Performance Improvement Management Services
Office of Information Technology Services
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
• Experience building websites using Drupal 8;
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites;
• Experience working with PHP Programming Language;
• Experience migrating Drupal 7 websites to Drupal 8;
• Experience with Acquia Cloud Environment;
• Experience building websites meeting WCAG 2.0 Level AA Requirements;
• Experience using Version Control (e.g. Git, Subversion, Bitbucket);
• Experience using CSS Preprocessor (e.g. SASS, LESS, Stylus); and
• Experience using automated testing tools and creating testing scripts.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent of this position will support NYSED’s Office of the Professions (OP) Modernization Program. OP is responsible for licensing and oversight of more than 50 professional titles, as well as professional corporations and pharmacy establishments. OP is working collaboratively with ITS to update technologies that no longer meet the needs of licensed professionals and others who rely on OP to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the public through effective and efficient professional licensing and discipline. Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4, the incumbent of this position will play an integral role in maintaining and enhancing the new website for OP, released in December 2022, that improves the customer experience for licensed professionals and applicants. Additionally, the incumbent of this position will provide coordination and developer expertise related to the integration between the OP public-information website in Drupal and the New Professions System being developed in Java. To ensure that this customer service modernization continues to progress as part of the OP Modernization Program, the incumbent of this position will be a lead developer for OP website continued modernization. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise, mentor, and build technical skill sets of subordinate staff;
• Lead technical website modernization maintenance and enhancement activities related to the delivery of a re-designed, robust, scalable and secure Drupal solution that meets OP’s needs;
• Provide hands-on technical support for designing, building, configuring, testing, migrating, troubleshooting and managing Drupal components and content in collaboration with OP program office and NYSED ITS staff;
• Contribute to website construction and management standards, and Drupal hosted platform operational guidelines;
• Participate in Drupal system updates that are regularly rolled out to minimize security threats and downtime;
• Conduct unit, system, and end-to-end integration testing, and fix website modernization related defects;
• Assist with tasks related to integration between the OP Drupal website and New Professions System
• Assist with tasks required to ensure the security of the OP website;
• Manage multiple releases by following standard release management processes; and
• Provide regular status updates to supervisors and NYSED program office.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
This position leads to a maximum salary of $100,342 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-620/51519) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name Office of Human Resources Management
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Street NYS Education Department
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-620/51519) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Links to application materials will not be accepted (i.e., Google Docs). Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.