Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be a matriculated undergraduate or graduate college student. Documentation of current matriculation and enrollment in the Fall semester must be submitted with your resume.
• College or graduate student interested in exploring a career in public health administration
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects with various staff, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to problem solve effectively
• Flexible and responsive
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and other computer programs as needed
Duties Description "The Department of Health is seeking individuals to work in one of a variety of administrative areas including: finance, human resources, legal, public affairs, and/or operations, or in a public health program. Depending on assignment, tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare documents and reports, including correspondence to various stakeholders
• Design queries and reports using various software programs
• Collect data
• Conduct data analysis
• Develop statistical summary reports on identified performance indicators
• Create, build and maintain databases
• Update spreadsheets
• Respond to inquiries via email, mail and phone
• Work with various systems to intake and track data
• Assist with special projects
• Other duties as assigned"
Additional Comments Temporary, part-time, non-competitive. Salary determined by academic level. Hours worked and schedule are flexible and dependent upon assignment. Must maintain matriculated student status to retain employment.
• Business Administration
• Advertising, Marketing, Media & PR
• Customer Service/Technical Support
• Contract Management/Grants
• Data Analytics
• Healthcare Administration
• Health Records Management/Conversion
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Project Management
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference code ER/SA/00654 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, ER/SA/00654, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.