AgencyInformation Technology Services, Office of
TitleLead Portfolio Business Analyst (Project Coordinator), Ref. #30941
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $97826 to $120492 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? Yes
Street Address Harriman State Campus, Bldg 5, Fl 1
(may be filled in New York City)
Minimum Qualifications Nine years of experience, including one year of supervisory experience, in Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, IT, or a related field.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
Associate’s degree may substitute for two years of experience, Bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of experience, Master’s degree in related field substitutes for an additional year of experience, Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience, beyond a Bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description Under the direction of a senior project manager, the Lead Portfolio Business Analyst
will lead Project Management and Portfolio Business Analysis Coordination efforts assigned to the Project Management Office within the NYS ITS Chief Portfolio Office. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage and assist with budget preparation; tracking and forecasting of expenses; DOB and executive financial reporting.
• Direct and coordinate human and material resources at all phases of a project-origination and initiation including project demand management and systems analysis, planning, design, project execution and control, and closeout for large and complex programs across multiple portfolios including the DMV Modernization/Transformation Program which currently consists of 13+ projects.
• Manage the balance of competing demands and analysis tasks for several portfolios and mitigate risks for Modernization/Transformation Program projects.
• Facilitate and document vendor meetings to support programs such as the DMV Modernization/Transformation Program.
• Assist with Program planning and day-to-day Business Systems Analysis (BSA) operational needs.
• Oversee Modernization/Transformation programs’ coordination and BSA deliveries among the different functional areas of the vendors, agencies and ITS.
• Support and manage the overall program timelines and high-level tracking of requirements deliverables.
• Monitor and Manage resource planning, assignment, tracking, and oversight.
• Direct the overall coordination and management of project management and BSA policies; program resources; reporting requirements; vendors; procurements; schedules.
• Oversee and coordinate the resources assigned to Modernization/Transformation programs, and work to identify and track progress on critical path milestones and deliverables of the many interrelated projects.
• Oversee and coordinate project management tasks throughout the project knowledge areas - project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, procurement, and risk.
• Oversee the coordination and management of Chief Technology Office resources, reporting requirements, systems requirements analysis and design, and compliance to policies.
• Perform a full range of supervisory duties.
Additional Comments Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience.
May be filled in NYC
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several low and competitive health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Core 4, Floor 1
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a resume and cover letter, and indicate that you are applying for Lead Portfolio Business Analyst Ref #30941. Please specify in your cover letter how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Some positions may require fingerprinting